IDEAL Administration 6.7 integrates the transfer of files and directories, as well as their access permissions (ACL), to all kinds of Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 2003 servers and Windows 2008 servers.
This new functionality completes the migration functions already present in IDEAL Administration.
You can now transfer permissions keeping them as they are, making an automatic transfer, or a transfer under rules.
When importing, IDEAL Administration searches for objects in the access permissions (Organizational Units, Computers, User Groups and Users) on the target computer.
Transfer under rules:
You define where IDEAL Administration must search for objects, based on the location(s) in the source domain(s).
Version 6.7 also includes new Active Directory management of Computer and User group objects.
- Migration assistant: Migration of security to files and directories. Migration menu, Migration Assistant
- Security (ACL) transfer in files and directories. Migration menu
- Active Directory
- New dialog boxes for the Active Directory properties of Computers and User Groups. Active Directory menu, IDEAL Directory
- New version of the low-level Active Directory editor. In IDEAL Directory, right-click on an object and then on Edit
- Some modifications and minor corrections
- Test counter reset! It is spread over 30 test days!
- Documentation update