If your administration station is Windows 10, verify if the SMB1/CIFS protocol is installed:
- Click and open the Search Bar
- Type Windows Features in the search bar
- Double Click Turn Windows Features off and On
- Scroll down to SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support
- Check the box SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and all other child boxes will auto populate
- Restart your admin station
If the problem is still occurs, this means that our tool cannot retrieve automatically a default server name for your Active Directory domain. If this case, follow the instructions below to configure it manually.
First, use the right click (left view) to verify your configuration on 'Windows Microsoft Network \ YourDomainName \ Select a domain controller.
What is your configuration?
1. You are configured as "Automatic" and no server and client computer are listed under the domain name. In this case, configure it to "Configure a Domain Controller" and indicate your master domain controller (for example: myserverdc1.pointdev.local). Restart IDEAL Administration.
2. You are configured as "Configure a Domain Controller", in this case, select "Automatic" and Restart IDEAL Administration. If, after restarting, you still have no server and station listed uner your domain name, please, try the step (1) behond.
After all these controls done and if you still have no computer properties displayed or always very slow loading, verify your AD configuration from the general menu: "Tools", "Options," "Authentication", "Active Directory". You must enter a valid server name, and a valid domain admin user account information for your active directory domain (for example: serverdc1.pointdev.local for your server name, and "POINTDEV\myadminaccount" / "Myadminaccountpassword" for the domain admin acccount.
Note that these changing need to restart IDEAL Administration (or IDEAL Remote) to be taken into account.
If the problem is still here, please contact our technical support at https://www.pointdev.com/en/support/index.php