For the copy of a file or a directory, you have the choice between two types of copy:
Local copy means that the file or folder is automatically copied to a transition folder during the installation phase, and moved to its destination folder during the execution phase. in this cas, the network traffic will occur during the installation phase.
Remote copy means that the file or folder is copied in the destination folder during the execution phase..
Each computer executes it's own copy command. In this case, the network traffic will take place during the execution phase.
You can also choose to use the XCOPY command to get some copy options..
- To copy sub-folders except empty folders: Check /S.
- To copy sub-folders and its empty folders: Check /S and /E.
- To copy only the folder structure (only copy folders but not the files) except empty folders: Check /T.
- To copy only the folder structure and its empty folders: Check /T and /E.
You must configure the following arguments:
- Check the Local Copy box if you want a local copy.
- Select the action type: Copy
- Select Directory to copy a folder
- Enter the directory path: \\Py-portable\c$\MyFolder
- Enter the destination folder: %ProgramFiles%
- Press the Add button to add the action to the list of File actions to apply.