IDEAL Administration reports all the essential information that you need about your Active Directory (AD) infrastructure and objects. Our administration tool allows to generate more than 40 predefined reports that fetch vital data such as users' real last logon times, inactive AD users, NTFS permissions, recently created, modified or deleted user accounts, distribution lists, security groups and their members, and GPOs.
IDEAL Administration allows to quickly generate HTML and CSV reports (2 minutes) from your Active Directory domains.
These reports can be shared, printed or used under MS Excel, MS Access or any other software.
First, download the free 30 day version of our software if you have not installed it yet: Download IDEAL Administration.
Once installed, just execute it under a domain admin account.
On the right view select Active Directory Network tab, and then Reporting.
Select Create a report button, and the report of your choice. And let us guide you!
The "Reporting" tab allows through the creation of reports to view real-time information about your Active Directory: Organizational units, User groups, Users, Computers, Contacts, GPOs.
Watch Demonstration Video on YouTube (2:18)
You can also trough the creation of these reports, clean up your Active Directory (obsolete objects).
The reports are generated in HTML and CSV to be printed and shared by IT administrators. You also have the option to schedule their creation so that reports are created automatically.
The reports can be stored in the history to reopen at anytime a previous state of your Active Directory.
Some examples of reports (40 predefined reports):
- What are the different operating systems in my Active Directory domain?
- What are the users who do not open session for more than 90 days?
- What are the Active Directory domain objects that were recently removed?
- Which user groups containing no member?
List of reports created by IDEAL Administration:
- Account expired
- Computer type
- Creation and modification of computers
- Disabled accounts
- Last logon of computer accounts
- Managed computers
- Operating systems
- Service Pack
- Contacts not member of a group
- Contacts with manager
- Creation and modification of contacts
- DOMAIN USERS
- Accounts expired
- Creation and modification of accounts
- Disabled accounts
- Last failed password attempt
- Last logon
- Locked accounts
- Never expiring passwords
- Passwords expiration status
- Soon-to-expire user passwords
- Users not member of a group
- Users password age
- Users with logon script
- Users with manager
- Users with smart card
- GROUP POLICY OBJECTS
- Creation and modification of GPO
- GPO status
- List of Active Directory objects
- Recently deleted objects
- ORGANIZATIONAL UNITS
- Creation and modification of OUs
- Empty organizational units
- Managed organizational units
- Organizational units content types
- GPO linked OUs
- USER GROUPS
- Creation and modification of groups
- Empty groups
- Group type
- Managed groups
And the various reports cleaning (read more).
Example: To get a view of the operating systems used on your AD domain:
- Click on the "Create a report" button from the "Active Directory Network" \ "Reporting" tab..
- Select the category "Computers", then the type of report "Operating systems" and click "Next".
- Enter the title, the description and the destination folder of the report. You can choose to keep this report in the history to access it later. You can also choose to open the report generated at the end of the processing. Finally an option allows you to schedule the generation of this type of report by creating a scheduled task.
- Click "Generate" to query Active Directory and create the report.
Once the report is opened, you can print it by clicking the button provided for that purpose. You can also deploy categories (eg Windows XP, Windows 8, ...) to see the detail and the computer list or click the "Display all" to deploy all the categories.