This example describes the procedure to use in order to automatically write in the event logs of the target computer, as soon as the "Winvnc" starts (Remote control service used in particular by VNC, TightVNC, RealVNC programs...).
This topic can also be used as a starting point to be warned of other events related to services.
- Create a new alert, named for example "Monitoring of Windows services"".
- Add the following event to be monitored :
The "winvnc" service matches the service name visible for example in the Windows Service Manager (services.msc). Do not confuse with its description or its full name (for example 'VNC Server').
The action will be activated when detecting the following change of status : starting of the winvnc service.
The state after detection "Continue the observation", enables to infinitely pursue the monitoring of this service.
- Add the following action to be performed :
The writing of this record will be done here in the "Pointdev" event log (this customizable log will be created if it does not exist).
The source that generated the writing in this log will be named "IDEAL Alerter Winvnc".
The type of message can also be defined, as well as the writing or not of the event monitoring report and/or a customizable message.
- Select the target computers on which the alert must be applied :
- Confirm the alert creation by clicking on the "OK" button.