Yes, it is effectively possible to realize such an inventory with IDEAL Administration.
You have several possibilities in order to do this :
- 1) List and manage network drives on remote computers:
Use the right click on the computer, "Properties", "Devices", "Network drives" tab.
You can manage all your network drives remotely by using the Action menu (List, Add, Remove).
- 2) Execute an inventory in database:
"Inventory" menu, "Systems", "Network drives". You can inventory several computers at once and export these information in a CSV or HTML file.
- 3) Export to a .csv file using WMI :
"Tools" menu, "Options", "WMI" tab. Configure the WMI properties by adding the "Win32_MappedLogicalDisk" classe if it does not exist yet in the list.
Then, right click on a computer, and choose "WMI properties". Select in the list "Win32_MappedLogicalDisk".
- The "DeviceID" property indicates the letter of the mapped drive.
- The "ProviderName" property indicates the network path name to the logical device.
- The "VolumeName" property indicates the volume name of the logical disk
Clicking the "Export" button, you can define information to export in a .csv file.
The "Win32_LogicalDisk" WMI class can also be useful ("DriveType" = 4).
- 4) Using a DOS command : NET USE
Right click on the computer, then "Command prompt". The NET USE command lists all the computer's connection. Then the result can be redirected to a text file.